Theatre/Arts, Something A Little Different, Pop-Up, Classes
Tutor Nicole Line will guide participants through the equipment and provide demonstrations in how to heat press onto a mixture of surfaces. You will then begin to draw and design your designs taking inspiration from images and objects provided.
Cottons, linens, leather, silk and suede are all great fabrics to metallic foil onto.
Your task is to find interesting clothing and fabric from home, local charity shop or car boot sale. Please bring up to 2 items to transform, such as a shirt, jumper, dress, and scarf or cushion cover. Have a good rummage at home and see what you can find!Before Metallic Printing onto your final pieces you will have the chance to sample onto fabric, just so you get the hang of everything and experiment with all the colours. Beginners welcome and for those who are curious about textiles processes and mark making.
If you have time and the materials to do so, have a go at making your own stencils at home so that you can spend more time metallic foiling your images onto a surface. We recommend you use thin acetate sheets to make the stencils, keep it simple and keep it A3 size and under. Avoid making your stencils from paper.
A5 size materials will be provided for you to sample onto. Please bring along your own final pieces to transform.
Nicole Line is a sessional tutor at University for the creative Arts working with the Fashion & Textile Foundation students in Epsom and BA Textile students in Farnham. Nicole also works in other areas of print-making, collaborating with corporate companies and designers. ‘Tactility is very important to me as a designer and textile tutor. I see the students I teach as an extension of my practice and it’s exciting to see how they use materials within their own work.’
For the workshop to go ahead Nicole needs 4 participates in the workshop. Nicole will email / text / call the day before the event if there is not enough tickets sold. If you can't make the workshop, please provide two day's notice. If outside of this, you are able to keep your workshop ticket and use it another time.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Nicole Line Workshop
Nicole, a graduate from University for the Creative Arts Farnham studied Textiles for Fashion and Interiors and frequently runs a selection of workshop events around London.
The idea is to show local communities how to use Nicole's equipment without being in a professional studio. The workshops are aimed at beginners through to experienced artists and the relaxed environment allows both abilities to mix together and collaborate, sharing ideas, techniques and developing concepts. At the end of the workshop participants will have learnt how to use the equipment, where to source the materials, how to set up a studio space at home.
See below for a list of Nicole's upcoming events...