Nicole will be providing the Heat Press for this workshop, the press will heat up to 140 degrees. You will experiment using textile metallic foiling on your items of clothing - cottons, linens, leather, silk and suede work really well. Your task is to find interesting clothing and fabric from home, your local charity shop or car boot sale. Please bring 2 items to transform, such as a shirt, jumper, dress, scarf or cushion cover. Have a good rummage at home and see what you can find! Note books and cards also work.
In the print workshop Nicole will take you through the equipment and show a demonstration in how to print. You will then begin to draw and design your stencils ready for printing onto a surface. Before printing onto your final pieces you will have the chance to sample onto fabric and paper first, just so you get the hang of everything and experiment with all the colours.
Foiling: Transferring metallic film to fabric using the heat press. This can be applied using foil adhesive (a bit like glue) painting your design directly onto your item of clothing or foil using a paint brush. Placing the metallic foiling on top of your adhesive, then popping this under the heat press for 20 seconds, leaving your image looking shiny!
If you have time and the materials to do so, have a go at making your own stencils at home so that you can spend more time metallic foiling your images onto a surface.
I recommend you use thin acetate sheets to make the stencils, keep it simple and keep it A3 size and under.
Try and avoid using paper for this workshop when making your stencils.
If you have any questions about the stencil making, feel free to call me or send me a message.
For the workshop to go ahead Nicole needs 5 participates in the workshop. Nicole will email / text / call the day before the event if there is not enough tickets sold.
If you can't make the workshop, please provide two day's notice. If outside of this, you are able to keep your workshop ticket and use it another time.
|Metallic Printing||19:00 - 21:00||£35.00|
60 Druis Street SE1 2EZ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.